Google
 
Web blogofthebard.blogspot.com

Friday, November 16, 2007

New Suit Day!

So I bought a new suit about a year and a half ago.....a really good suit. Grey with pin stripes. All wool. Very nice. Anyway, so I buy my suit, and I'm really stoked about wearing it to work (yes, I know, that's sad but, hey, I like new suits) when I discover the next morning I have somehow gained about ten pounds overnight. I stare down at the two sides of the dress pants, each failing by a full two inches to meet each other in the middle. Looming over them is my belly button, hovering like a skin-covered jelly supervisor, telling them it's their problem for being pants not his problem for being an overweight belly. Me, feeling caught in the middle, chose not to have an opinion as I abandoned the suit to a far off corner of my suit closet and chose a nice pair of expandable slacks and a sports coat to wear instead.

Like I said, that was a year and a half ago. Today, feeling frisky, I decided to try on the suit again and I'll be damned what was two inches is now a manageable quarter of an inch at best! Long story short, after a year and a half of waiting, I have a new suit! I must have somehow lost weight despite watching more T.V., eating more crappy food, and playing a shitload of Wii.

The new Wii Table Tennis game to be exact.

My point: screw your carb diets and exercising. I eat crappy food and play the Wii and now I've got a new suit to show for it.....what have you got?