Google
 
Web blogofthebard.blogspot.com

Saturday, June 02, 2007

The Next Great Invention

Funny thing, great inventions. The Post-It Note came about as a result of bad glue while the airplane came about as a result of many, many years of trial and error. The paper clip, oddly, was never invented by anybody despite it's great usefulness while the coat or clothes hanger is claimed to be the mind's product of President Thomas Jefferson, the same man who invented our very Constitution. Inventions, it would seem, are very fickle beasts that somehow have the ability to crop up from everywhere and nowhere at once. So when you find one you should take hold of it because there is a good chance it might have already been invented and improperly marketed or, even worse, marketed properly but been improperly invented. I know you are confused but I'm working hard on inventing something that makes you less confused while reading this blog. Your donations are appreciated.

Onto my invention. It's simple really. I had some free time and needed to do some sit down colon-related business. I was in the mood to discuss but I was not in a "discussion" setting since I was otherwise detained by the colon-related business. That's when I thought, "You know, a talking toilet would be sorta nice about now." Quickly, I realized that such a thing wasn't plausible but then I thought, "A toilet that said something every now and again...that would kinda be funny...wouldn't it?" And from that thought sprung my invention. A talking toilet! It says random things but only rarely so as to not make itself mundane or expected and it says many things so repetitive is not an issue. Really, I didn't give it a lot of major thought but the few seconds I did think about it I feel quite confident in saying that I think that the Talking Toilet will change peoples lives.

It's the next Post-It Note. But without all of that nasty non-sticky glue.