Google
 
Web blogofthebard.blogspot.com

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I Hate Terrorists Just As Much As The Next Person But...

...this might be takin' it a bit far. In their latest attempt to thwart evil from boarding aircraft, some airports have started using full body x-ray scanners. While this may sound like a good idea in order to keep innocent travelers safe, I must wonder to what extent are we willing to go in order to ensure that safety? For example, here is just one image showing the full body x-ray scanner at work:



I don't know about you but I think that on the "how far should we go to protect ourselves from terrorists" meter, that there is probably too far. Sure granny might be packin' but if the terrorists are gonna force us to look at their grannies exposed asses all of the time, I say we just give up now. I don't know about you, but I'd at least consider skimmin' through some Cliff's Notes of the Koran as opposed to having to look at that image again. But thats just me and I have been known to be a pretty shallow son of a bitch at times.