Google
 
Web blogofthebard.blogspot.com

Monday, August 14, 2006

When you can't find a giant squid, a hydro-electric car will have to do

I was going to blog about this article I saw on Yahoo! News today because an immediate theme came to mind. That being a parody of The New Colossus but instead of your poor, your tired, you know, it would be, "Give us your murderers, your rapists, your felons longing to steal our shit," but I really couldn't find a way to go with the story after that. Really, it isn't all that funny of a story (save my reference to the poem), especially not for the victims and certainly not for the felons because they are in Texas now and in Texas they treat their criminals a bit differently than they did in New Orleans. I'm not sure but I think they still hang you if you steal a man's horse in Texas and if your Hispanic they not only kill you but they also condemn your soul to live inside of an angry burro for another thirty years.

After that, I hopped on Metacafe and found this video on a hydro-electric car from GM. Now I know everybody has seen videos of these little gems because they are the cars of the future but what makes this one different is that it is the future of the cars of the future. Those smart engineers at GM already make the assumption that hydro-electric cars are the future and therefore they make a car that takes that concept to the next level. What they came up with is another cool-albeit it still quite ugly (why are these cars always so ugly?)--concept of what we might see on the road fifteen or twenty years from now. What I thought was super-cool about the thing was that you can turn your sedan into a truck into a coupe into a whatever. Screw environmentally-friendly, we can use something like that right now. I've got shit in my yard I'd like to haul to the dump and there is only so much rock, bricks, and fallen tree limbs that you can put in the back of a family sedan.