Google
 
Web blogofthebard.blogspot.com

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Nothing More Annoying Than Being Teh Inside Joke of a Genius

I saw this article on Yahoo! (yes, I occasionally get my news from Yahoo!) about how Ken Jenning, the brainiac Jeopardy! millionairre, got into some heat for badmouthing Jeopardy!. I really didn't care about what Ken thought of Jeopardy! (read the article, it was a tounge-in-cheek thing) but I did like the fact that Ken has his own blog. Finally, I figured, I'll get to find out what a genius thinks about this whole Hezbollah-Israel war or, at the very least, where he stands on this whole "global warming" issue. However, after spending a good half hour on Ken's Blog (which I'm putting on the Roll of the Bard) not only do I not know anything more about Hezbollah, Israel, or global warming but I think that I am in fact a little bit dumber than I was before I visited the blog! Ken likes trivia, all sorts of trivia, and he has a pretty decent sense of humor (and he totally came over my head with the pic of Al Gore on Entertainment Weekly. I was gonna use that one for my "global warming" blog--which is still in the works--after I saw it on Treehugger a few days ago. But now, well, I guess its a lost opportunity. Thanks Ken, you bastard!). But you know the thing that disturbs me the most about Ken's blog is his entry on July 12th, titled, "we are teh sleepyheads," which is about nothing really. But I gotta wonder, what in the hell is teh? As a person who can type fairly damn fast I do know that it is common to misspell the word "the" and when you do, it will always come out as "teh". I checked Wikipedia to make sure that it was a misspelling and not urban slang or Old Latin or some shit that a really smart guy might use in place of the word "the". But it seems that I was right and Ken just mistyped the word which is fine but what disturbs me is why the man--a damn genius--hasn't fixed it already! Sure, you could argue that he's rich and popular and smarter than everybody else and he probably doesn't give a shit that he misspelled the title to a tiny blog entry. That's probably true but I would appreciate him saying something like, I know I misspelled "the" up there but I really don't give a shit, I'm not wastin' my time fixing it. I could live with that but by not saying anything he has me--a self-declared idiot--completely confused and starting to question my entire value system.

I wonder: Is he mocking me with his super-intelligent brain?

or

Is he so arrogant that he thinks he can single-handedly change the spelling of one of the most used words in the English language just by changing it's spelling in a single blog title?

then I think

And what in the hell is he using the word 'the' in the title anyway? Doesn't just saying--we are sleepyheads--make a hell of a lot more sense?

Honestly, I'm at a complete loss which means that Ken is just messin' with my inferior brain so to that I reply: Screw you, Ken! Screw you and your Jedi mind tricks!

I'll go back to doin' all of my real learnin' on Wikipedia as usual.

UPDATE (7-26-2006): So I guess that maybe Ken wasn't playing me for a chump after all (well, at least, he wasn't playing me for any more of a chump than I already am) as Karen points out in the comments. We are the Sleepyheads is actually a fairly decent tune. Oh, and I decided to put Ken's blog on the links instead of the Roll of the Bard.