Google
 
Web blogofthebard.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Why do bad movies suck so badly?

I've often posed that question to myself if for no other reason than to help alleviate--at least somewhat--the constant screaming in my head. I pay eight bucks (not counting the extra ten fifty for snack time pleasures) to watch a highly-advertised movie only to find myself leaving the theatre pondering upon why I didn't spend the money starting up a crack habit instead! I imagine this is why "The Worst Movies," lists are so prevalent on the Internet. You find them everywhere and anywhere and yet I still find myself drawn to the task of creating yet another; if for no other reason than to keep at bay the constant screaming in my head. Below are the list of my references. Tomorrow I shall put forth my fifty finalists of, "Worst Movies of My Lifetime."

Here are the links I shall use as research:

Films considered to be the worst ever according to Wikipedia.

Box Office Bombs. Again, Wikipedia.

IMDB. The Bottom Hundred.

The Stinkers–the 100 Worst Films of the Twentieth Century

Metacritic.com

Roger Ebert. The only critic I halfway agree with (although that's about half of the half of the time).

and four random sites...

Pajiba

Digital Dream Door

Greg Howley

and MaximOnline......because I like their editorial pieces...

UPDATE (7-3-2006): Huh, I wonder why the, "screaming in my head," stuff did not sound so redundant yesterday? Not only does it sound redundant but it also sounds a wee bit disturbed. Oh well, time to up the meds. On another note, I'm adding the Wander List to the resources because I forgot to put it in yesterday.