Google
 
Web blogofthebard.blogspot.com

Sunday, July 30, 2006

The World In a Vacuum

A few days ago I added The World in News below my Links with hits to a few different publications from around the world. This was a personal pursuit mainly as I wanted to get a sense of the world from many different perspectives. In my mind, I thought it was better to get a "worldview" perspective on things as opposed to reading things from the New York Times or the New York Post (or any other American publication for that matter). So, about five minutes ago, I hit The Times of India link (a pop-up-tastic link as I noted on the link itself) in hopes to get some sort of feel for what the nation of India--the second most populated nation in the world--thought about things in life, the world, everything in general. What I got was this...




That's Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson. They got married in St. Tropez, some island outside of France or some shit, and their wedding made the lead story in India (which I think I already mentioned is the second most populated country in the world!)! I could get that same news from a hundred different crappy American news sources but, no, I found it on The Times of India. This leads me to think that either 1) The Times of India is a totally fabricated news source for the actual going's on in India or, 2) the people of India are just as bad as the people of America. I'm hoping that it's number one and not number two....

still, I'm pretty happy that Pamela and Kid finally tied the knot. I've been hoping for a number of years that they would.