Google
 
Web blogofthebard.blogspot.com

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Note To Self: Find A Better Hobby

First things first, I shall pull my final ten list from this cesspool of crap:

Hook, Howard the Duck, Flintstones: Viva Rock Vegas, Gymkata, Super Mario Bros, Caddyshack II, Caligula, Jaws IV, The Avengers, Joe’s Apartment, Cutthroat Island, Spice World, Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club Band, Dumb & Dumberer, Popeye, The Godfather, Part III, It’s Pat, Leonard Part Six, House of the Dead, Gigli, Battlefield Earth, Bloodrayne, Mannequin II: On The Move, Back to the Future Part III, Zaat, Speed II, Godzilla, Joe Dirt, Arthur 2: On The Rocks, Boxing Helena, Waterworld, Hudson Hawk, The Frighteners, Adventures of Pluto Nash, Ishtar, Stop! Or My Mom Will Shoot, Superman IV, Attack of the Killer Tomatoes, Virtuosity, The Last Action Hero, Lost In Space, North, Wild, Wild West, From Justin To Kelly, Simone, Swept Away, Glitter, My Boyfriend’s Back, Drop Dead Fred, Ballistic: Ecks versus Sever, Last Rites, April Fools Day, The Island of Dr. Moreau, The Cat In The Hat, Natural Born Killers, Vanilla Sky, Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, The Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Adventures of Baron Munchausen, Catwoman, The Four Feathers, A.I.:Artificial Intelligence, Batman and Robin, Heaven’s Gate, Meet Joe Black, Inchon!, The Postman, The Stupids, 3000 Miles To Graceland, Town & Country, Jade, Wing Commander, Baby Geniuses, Judge Dredd, Mars Attacks!, The Gospel, Planet of the Apes, Hannibal, Bram Stoker’s Dracula, Jumanji, Hard To Hold, Are We There Yet?, The Piano, She-Devil, Salem’s Lot, Garbage Pail Kids, Star Trek V: The Final Frontier, Congo, &, last but not least, UHF (because I did a Weird Al reference in a previous blog and this movie paves a whole new avenue of horrid).

My thought is that to do a list of the worst movies of the past thirty years (or round about that) I need to formulate a way as to how to evaluate the really wretched from the absolutely horrid from the just plain crappy. I figure using many critical reviews would be a good way to weed out movies that--while bad--were not really as bad as other, much worse, movies. Love 'em or hate 'em critics watch a helluvalot of movies. Next I should probably get popular opinion since only a movie that is hated by nearly everybody should be considered a top ten worse movie of the last thirty years (I sense Rocky Horror Picture Show getting a quick reprieve here. That sucks.). The other criteria I'll make up I guess.