Google
 
Web blogofthebard.blogspot.com

Thursday, April 03, 2008

The Quest At End

I'm down to five. Five left socks left. Five with no partner to return to the fold. Two are new and I feel really bad for them, the other three...well I knew their fate long ago. Still, I'd hope to find the match for all of 'em but I didn't. And I'm a bit sad about that. I don't wanna tell 'em I stopped searching for their match but I did (days ago, if truth be told). Now, as the wife keeps naggin' about them and I keep having to walk over them as I get up, I know a decision must be made. I have to let them go. I have to chuck 'em into the trash. I want to save one in particular (an expensive off-brown one with detailed embroidery across it's top) but it would only prolong the inevitable. I saved almost thirty five of my socks by actively seeking out their life mates but I can only think about the five I lost. The five I failed.

Oddly, I discovered over the years I also own hosiery: little thin, dainty socks that can stretch all the way up to my sack'n'crack. Maybe I was a Russian ballerina in a past life.