Google
 
Web blogofthebard.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Look At Me, Look At Me!

This week I discovered yet another individual who will go to great lengths in order to garner a little attention. My previous culprits have been: Ned Danny and Jill Greenberg. Now I shall add Germaine Greer from the Guardian to the list. It would seem that Ms. Greer (I'm assuming this lovely lass is not married) had a real problem with the recently deceased Crocodile Hunter, Steve Irwin. I know this because she wrote this lovely article in response to his death, knowing that millions of people would be searching his name on Google, Yahoo!, and the like. Honestly, what--other than attention--can you gain from calling an extremely popular conservationist an idiot only hours after his death? Well, I should be fair, Germaine called him a larrikin which annoyed me instantly although I did not have a clue as to what the word larrikin even meant. After searching around, I discovered that it means a few things, none of which are all that complimentary (unless you call yourself one which is a bit odd). Personally, I think that when you have a problem with somebody you should disagree with them before they are dead since waiting for their actual death does little to stimulate alternative viewpoints. I mean, just speaking for myself, I would probably find it difficult to formulate a rebuttal when I'm in a steel box six feet beneath the ground. Oh, and completely dead, of course. But, I'm no Crocodile Hunter so I'll give a prayer out to Steve-O that he makes a quick recovery from that whole death incident, does a little Kill Bill II-inspired digging out of the grave, and swims over to England to kick Germaine Greer in the ass with one of those mud-covered combat boots!

"Crickey, wouldn't that be great!"