Google
 
Web blogofthebard.blogspot.com

Sunday, August 09, 2009

I Might Have Over Used YouTube

I love America's Got Talent. It is by far my favorite show but it causes me to go absolutely crazy on YouTube. I waste a lot of time (and drink way too much) looking back on the many super-talented "what might have beens". Of course, this year, Kevin Skinner is the big thing. I like Kevin more than I liked Eli last year and--by God damnit!--I loved Eli last year! Kevin just was so amazing I actually googled "chicken catcher" more than five times over the two days after I watched him. Before that, I imagine I googled that like once, maybe twice, over the previous year. I know that sounds weird but my dad had an impromptu foster rooster living in his back yard last spring and I thought I could catch it but, well, I'm not nearly as fast, even with the Internet, as a local dog and so the problem took care of itself way before I could build my elaborate chicken catching trap. Anyway, back to my point. I was searching "If Tomorrow Never Comes" on YouTube and I found this guy and I thought he was just awesome. Take a hear here:





That is John Rainey and he is friggin' awesome! And he can sing Elvis even better. Is he better than Kevin Skinner, the guy that has a good chance (if he stops being so nervous) of winning America's Got Talent? I don't know. But he is good and he is what I found when I spent too much time browsing around YouTube.