Google
 
Web blogofthebard.blogspot.com

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Not Gettin' It...Take Four...Or Five, Maybe

After a couple months of taking a break, I decided to type a bit into my blog on MySpace because, to be quite honest, I haven't figured out what the hell else I'm supposed to do there. I know people are addicted to it like crack but, to me, its a bit more like being addicted to The Weather Channel or public broadcasting. But, really, I haven't been giving it the ol' college try so I decided to spend all of my precious Internet time dedicated to MySpace. After twenty minutes of total boredom I discovered the Comedy button at the top. Funny that I never saw it before. I did not hestitate as I quickly clicked it and was teleported to a lovely site boasting the top MySpace featured comedians of the moment: they were Harland Williams and Bob Saget. Alright, Harland Williams...not bad, not bad. The fart scene from Rocketman was mediocre funny, I thought, so I hit the link to his MySpace page, figuring he blogged some sort of hilarity which garnered him the title of "featured comedian". Nope, all he did was link a scene from his upcoming movie, a link any twit could view on Yahoo! Movies. Then I viewed his blog. It was two entries, the best of which went something like this:

Have you ever wondered if space monkeys ever come to earth and mate with earth monkeys? Could there be a Spearth monkey somewhere out there? If so, please write to me, I want you to come home now!! Cap'n Tiddlywinks

Spearth monkeys? That's not fucking funny, Harland!

But, of course, the other featured comedian was Bob Saget. I felt sad as I clicked the link to Saget's page. I was supposed to feel popular on MySpace, instead I was gonna go see what was happenin' over on Bob Saget's MySpace page. Holy crap, as I've stated previously, MySpace is just like high school. His was a clip from Entourage which, while not amazing, totally owned Harland's weak-ass shit. But Bob didn't chance a blog entry which was smart...better let somebody with more wit write the shit for yah. I think Bob even had somebody write his own bio which is probably common for any seasoned non-comedian pretending to be a comedian to do.

As for MySpace, I still haven't figured out the point of it but I did get twelve new friend requests while writing this entry.