Google
 
Web blogofthebard.blogspot.com

Monday, July 10, 2006

It's about time

Man, the 21st century rocks! We got iPod's, Bluetooth, Blackberry's (although I'm clueless as to what those damn things are), the great Blogosphere, and soon to be introuduced next year, the 103-inch plasma TV. To think, man has existed for nigh on a long damn time and never, not once, previous to now could anybody experience the visual euphoria one can only get by sticking their mug in front of a really, really big-ass television screen. In the story, they even compared the t.v. set in size to a double-sized mattress which got me to thinking on some potential cross-selling ideas for a screen this size. First, why not turn your t.v. into a double-sized mattress? Think about it, the only people more inventive than the T.V. people are the mattress people...it's a marriage made in heaven! I ask you, how nice would it be to lay comfortably on your bed as a re-run of M.A.S.H. plays across your torso? Or, watching Tornado Watch on The Weather Channel?...it'd be like you were right in the middle of the devil as it leveled some nondescript Oklahoma trailer park. Or how about giving one a nice laminate and turn it into the dinner table? I bet that'd sure bring the kids to the table! Personally, now that we have achieved this landmark, I'd like to see the bar set really high. Like having entire football fields be television screens so that we can watch the game being played on the screen as we watch it being played for real on top of the t.v.! I can only hope that I would be around to see that monumental occasion but, for now, I'll settle with hundred inches although now--after thinking about it--a hundred inches really doesn't sound all that big.

The code for the week is Slightly Off-White. Personally, I plan on avoiding any state or locally-sponsered affairs for the rest of the week. I suggest that anybody else do the same.